Congratulations to you for reading this post. You’re that much closer to knowing how to be happy and having the life that you want. Most people won’t even attempt to change their lives, they’re content with whatever life has handed them. That mindset assures that they will never achieve more. They’ll continue to work at a job that doesn’t fulfill them, waiting for the weekend when they can “live”. Why not “live” everyday? Follow these steps to start your transition.
Change must start internally in your mind, then your actions will follow.
It’s time to change. It’s time to make you life what you want it to be.
Here’s how to be happy: Take these 5 steps TODAY to move towards your dream life:
1. Believe in your mind that you already have the life you want. Your mind can’t tell the difference between what is real and what is a thought. Convince your mind you are already there with your thoughts.
2. Act as if you are already there. Approach every problem as a challenge to figure out, not a problem to endure. Each challenge brings you closer. Each answer prepares your mind for your next step.
3. Dissolve fear by refusing to acknowledge it. Anyone who knows how to be happy knows that unnecessary fear cripples your ability to move forward. Fear stops you from reaching your goals. Make a promise to yourself that whenever you feel fearful, you’ll substitute a positive feeling instead. By simply refusing to accept fear, you diminish its hold on you. And by refusing to acknowledge it, you can face it head on and power through it.
4. Decide what makes you happy in life by creating a list of what you like to do. Alongside it make a list of what you are good at. Combine parts of both lists and come up with a new career that will make you happy and that you will be good at. Then you will excel. Don’t complicate it. Go with your gut feeling, it’s your subconscious steering you in the right direction.
5. Create goals – a 3 month goal, a 1 year goal, a 5 year goal. Reexamine them once a month. Consider your goals your map to knowing how to be happy and living your perfect life. Ask yourself the following question – (to paraphrase Alicia Keyes) “If I never made any money from doing this, would I still do it?” If the answer is yes, do it. If the answer is no, don’t. This keeps you true to yourself. And that is where you find the strength to change your life.
True happiness lies in a combination of what you like and what you are good at. Money will follow – as long as you believe, act, dissolve, decide and create. Start with step one and move that much closer to your dream life.
Have some of your own advice on how to be happy? Have some thoughts on getting closer to living your dream life? Share them in the comments below!
Like what you see? Sign up for your weekly does of happiness at the top of this page!
About the author: Evelyn Cucchiara is a teacher, blogger, efficiency expert and author of the best selling book “30 Days to an Organized Home” She and her husband each run their own businesses and have found happiness by streamlining their lives and are on their journey to their dream life. See how you can too at AllEvelyn.com
You also might like:
Sign up to receive your weekly dose of HAPPINESS, POWER, LOVE, AND SUCCESS
Your weekly updates are the FREE e-power to keep you happy, powerful, and successful!